Monday, May 07, 2007

Dinner Time!!!

So Conner has discovered his own way to eat and drink his food. The Mr. and I have both tried to feed him so that it is easier for him. But he is very determined to feed himself. Here is some video of how he does it. Its pretty funny. I have caught him throwing food on the floor then dropping to his knees and eating off the floor, poor guy. And who ever would of thought that I would depend so heavily on straws. He can't really get cups up to his mouth so straws have been such a great help. Only 5 days left and then we should be able to get back to normal. As you watch the video you will probably think that his cast are really dirty, THEY ARE. We were putitng socks on his hands to keep everything protected, we cut out a whole for his fingers but it still managed to restrict his finger use, so his cast are just gonna keep getting dirty. Oh well. He has a pretty big smear mark on each cast where you can tell he wipes is face of. We had enchiladas for cinco de mayo so they are red smears. What is a mother to do??


5 comments:

Erin said...

Watching him try to eat, reminds me of the part from a Christmas Story when they ask the little boy to show them how the piggies eat. It made me laugh a little.
I'm glad he's adapting well.

Anonymous said...

cori, that was the funniest thing that i have ever seen in my life. i about fell off of my chair in the library. i love that little kid

Colin said...

It's been amazing how fast he has adapted to those casts! Pretty much right after we returned home from the hospital they haven't been bothering him. He'll get frustrated sometimes, but not as often as I would. I don't even know if he realizes he will be getting them off by the end of this week. I'm sure he'll love to bend his arms again.
Big J, I can't believe you would laugh and almost fall out of your chair at the expense of a little child. ;-P You gotta love the things kids do!

Moonmagic said...

So what about the "Choc Mik" was that in ght cup?
You should see him eat Mike & Ikes, he lines them up on the table and slurps them up.
He is so darn cute!

Anonymous said...

that was so sad to watch! i just wanted to reach through and push his plate closer!!! The worst part was when the Mr. said "can you give me a thumbs up?"