Sunday, June 24, 2007

Demolition Day

Well Saturday was the big day. We finally got around to the bathroom. And literally the wall came crumbling down, well once they got the siding off and the window out.

They, the MR. and a guy from our ward, were able to just pull the old 2x4s out. They had it cleaned out in just minutes.
Once they got the out side wall out, the Mr. was able to shovel the old tiles and stuff that had fallen into the old bathtub out into the backyard.
And then they just pushed the bathtub out. As you can see we have quite the pile up in the backyard. I think we will be making numerous trips to the dump.
Oh yeah I forgot to mention that they also took off the railing to my deck so that they could have easier access to the "whole in the wall"
After the gutting was done and yet another run to home depot they were able to get the framing for the new wall done. So basically right now we have a bunch of 2x4s with gaps in between them and a tarp covering them. And of course anyone knowing my families luck can guess what kind of weather we have been having since the tarp has been put up. pouring rain and thunderstorms. but so far all is ok.
On a much better note My hardwood floors are finally done and I love them. I also love my green walls and white cabinets it looks so much better then the dark ugly wood. We still have some cabinets left to hang, and some touch up painting to do where the walls meet the ceiling, but it looks great ( well for having 30 year old cabinets, just thrown on some paint and get all new hardware and they look good) And yes oh yes i finally have something other then carpet under the table. I will happily sweep 3 times a day then have to vacuum and carpet clean everyday. I love it!! The Mr. has done a great job!!!!


3 comments:

Erin said...

Sounds like you had a busy weekend. It's looking nice, too bad you have move once it's all done

Sunshine said...

Wow, that is a lot of work they have done. I would think it will be nice to have another fully functioning bathroom again when they are done. Nice work with the kitchen as well.

Colin said...

Hopefully by this saturday we will finish the bathroom. I ripped out more drywall and laid the insulation down last night. now we are ready to put in the tub!