Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My Dear Grandma

Well this summer has been crazy to say the least, with kids, putting our house on the market, and vacations. I feel like I haven't been home much, which I haven't really, and when we have been home we get phone calls that someone wants to come look through the house, so out we go. As all of this stuff has been going we been deal with some hard things with my grandma. Right before our California vacation we got a call from our dad who got a call from his family in Utah that grandma keeps falling and they have to call 911 to help her get up. They also said that they had a Dr. appointment for her to find out what was going on. To make a long story short she was diagnosed with Colan cancer that had spread to her lungs and liver. She was also give 4-8 months to live. And i was told that it is pretty painful. Of course the whole family was praying for the best out come and that she could be in no pain. We also decided to go ahead with the California vacation minus grandma and grandpa. Right before we left for vacation grandma was put into a care center because she was falling to much and grandpa was having a difficult time taking care of her. we got back from vacation on Saturday night and that following Tuesday we got a call saying that grandma was not doing good and that if we wanted to talk to her before she passed that we should get there asap. So my mom and dad brothers and sisters all decided that we would go and leave the next day. Unfortunately she passed away during the night. Of course every one was shocked. It had only been about 3 weeks from her diagnosis. The funeral was planned for Saturday , so we hopped in the car and headed to salt lake. The Mr. and I had decide that it probably wasn't such a good idea to take the munchkins to a viewing and funeral. We didn't think they would be very reverent. So the Mr. stayed home with the kids and i hitched a ride with my sisters. Which i must say was very fun, we drove through the night so we could be there for the Friday viewing. It was a sad weekend It was hard to walk into the viewing room and see grandma. It was hard to see grandpa and her 5 sons say their goodbyes before closing the casket. But through it all my grandpa was a trooper, his testimony was so strong and he was just so thankful that grandma was pain free. He truly lifted everyone else up, and really set the mood for every one else. Thank you grandpa. And Grandma I love you, but I'm sure you are enjoying your loved ones up there, and all thous unborn great grandchildren. Till we meet again!!!
On a lighter note that same weekend my sister in law had her little baby boy. I was lucky enough to get to visit him, them. It was kinda fun to see the begging of a new life at the same time of one just ending. So congrats to my sister in law and her family on their new little one!!

1 comments:

Erin said...

I can't tell you how much it meant to me to have you come and visit. You weren't here very long and didn't make the trip to see me and had family obligations, but still made the hour drive to come see us. So thank you! It was great to see you.