Friday, January 25, 2008

Our Yearly Trip

Yes once again its that time of year where we made the dreaded trip. That is right we had our yearly visit to the ER, well the byu-i student health services, yesterday afternoon. Alexa was running down the hall tripped over a blanket fell and cracked her head on the corner of the bathroom wall. I was right there in the bathroom when it happened and i knew as soon as she hit is would be bad. I saw her forehead split i watched her skin loose all color and the blood just start pouring. Its wasn't even a questions if she needed stitches or not. I knew she did.


The student health services got us in right away, Much faster then a regular ER. Everybody was really nice, they thought Alexa was adorable, and very fast. we saw the DR. with in seconds. The only thing we had to wait for was the cream they put on her head to numb it, to do its job. While we waited the 20 minutes or so the nurses kept bringing Alexa candy. She loved it. She had been amazing no crying, no being scared, until they came in and swaddled her with a sheet so we could hold her down better. That is when the screaming began. I think she was screaming more because she was being held down, but she fell asleep before the last stitch was in place. Funny girl. She has 5 stitches in her head.


She gets her stitches out in five days. Then we wait and see what kind of scar is left behind. She might just be one of those girls that has bangs!!! But I pray that it goes away Conner's scar from his stitches is pretty much gone so that gives me hope!!

3 comments:

Erin said...

sounds like we have had some pretty major stuff going on in our family. Sounds like she did pretty good. Nice that they make creams now days, because shots are just lot more scary for kids. they make creams for scars, so you can put that on it afterward to hopefully cut down on how big it is, it's worth a try, we got it when B had stitches in her back. We didn't use it as well as we should, but my theory is it can't hurt to try.

Moonmagic said...

Oh that poor baby - bless her heart it makes mee hurt just looking at it.
Give her a hug for me.

Becca & Joel said...

Ooooohhhh, I'm so sorry. I hate that feeling as a mother - I remember when Keegan got stiches in his eyebrow after cracking his head open on a hotel nightstand in Utah... I hope to never feel that way again, as I'm sure you do too! PS - I love the new background.