Monday, March 22, 2010

To my Dear Jakob-



Dear Jakob,

7 years ago you made us parents, and it has been such a fun adventure. Daddy and I are so proud of you and all the things that you are doing.


I love all the snuggles you give me, I love that you still come in and give me good morning hug and kisses when you wake up. And how aware of my feelings you are. You are just so loving. I love that you adore Tyler and want to read to him and hold him all the time! You are such a good big brother, and both Daddy and I both know what a hard job it is to be the oldest, but you are such a good example to your brothers and sister.


You just blown me away with all the you have learned and your desire to figure out how everything works. I pray that your desire to learn and read will continue your whole life. I love how much you love your Daddy, and want to be just like him. He is the perfect person to have as an example!!
I have loved to watch and hear how your testimony has grown. I love to hear about your experiences with your friends where you have been able to exercise your simple faith. And I love that you want to go to Japan on your Mission just like Daddy. You will be such a good missionary!

I love you so much big boy! I feel so privileged to be your mom, and cant wait to see what this year has in store for you.

love, mom



here are just a few pictures from his birthday!!

a new Wii game



he has been dying to read this book!


6 comments:

Erin said...

I hope he had a wonderful birthday. I wish we lived closer so we could celebrate with you!

Moonmagic said...

He is a sweetheart, I will never forget getting to walk to school with him and walking home, such hard questions, amazing insight and love of life. Love you Jakob, can't wait to see you.

Ryan & Amanda said...

That is such a sweet letter! He's growing up so fast! He is so sweet and mindful of others' feelings!

Colin said...

It's crazy that it has been 7 years! Jakob I love you, and love being your dad. I can't wait until school is over so we can play and not have to worry about homework. Your the best oldest child that any parent could have. Keep growing and make us proud!

Sis. Stokes said...

Wow. That is a lot of March birthdays. Must be like a month long party though so that's not all bad. I can't believe the twins will have their first birthday so soon. Does time ever slow down? You are most definitely a super woman. I don't know how you stay so on top of things!!!!

Christyn and Paul said...

Jakob wished that we lived closer, so we could have been their for your birthday. You were the first grandson born. How exciting it was to first see you after you were born, and the joy you bring to our family. We love you and you are great!