Monday, June 11, 2007

My Mr. Fix It

Somehow I really got lucky when I married The Mr.. Don't get me wrong, I've always known that he was a great person, talented at tons of stuff. A great husband, dad, and best friend. He is very smart and seems to just know stuff, and how things work and how to fix them. But this last month I have really been so impressed at how far that knowledge really goes. As many of you know we are getting our house ready to go on the market. And in order to do this we have had to do some updates. My Mr. is just so handy. He is doing everything. I try to help but usually my job is to hand him stuff and hold stuff in place. So not much help at all. How he knows how to do stuff is beyond me. Some of the things that he does is fixes our cars, no matter what the problem. He just buys the part then fixes it. And then all the house stuff. Laying a hardwood floor. I never really saw him read instructions. I know he watched a how to video for about 5 minutes and then he just did it. He only made one cutting mistake where he measured wrong and that's it. Our dining room looks so nice. And now we are working on the kitchen floor. He has also done some major things it the bathroom. Some pluming and electrical work and before to long he will be doing some framing and drywalling. Then of course tiling. I don't know how he knows how to do it all but he just does, and he always does a really nice job. My dad is like that, he can fix anything. I always just thought he was on of a kind, but of course I went out and found me someone just like him, with out really knowing it. I just want to tell my Mr. that I really love him, and that I really appreciate all the hard work he does for us and our home. The kids are really learning some great lessons from you and hopefully when they grow up they can be Mr. fix its too!! I love you Babe!!! You are the best husband ever!!

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

I am glad everything is working out so well. Mr. Muscles seems to be a Mr. fix it to so maybe it is a family trait? Good luck with everything and if you get a chance, send pictures of how everything looks now. I would love to see them. :)

Erin said...

I bet it's nice to know that because of his knowledge it's saving you a lot of money. I'm glad he's good for something! ;)