Sunday, August 19, 2007

Our Trip to the Magical Place!

We made it home. It was such a fun vacation. Of course it had its ups and downs, both figuratively and literally. We had a rough start. The morning that we left Little Miss Love Bug was sick and she threw up but we new the trip must go on. To much money was all ready spent to let a vomiting child stop us. Well how about 2 children? Nope that didn't stop us either. My little Picasso joined the club as we were driving to the airport. I had a feeling it was coming cause well he just had the look. Not only was it coming out the top end but the other end as well. So we had a throw up session in the security line, in the preboarding line and of course on the plane. But don't worry some how I was prepared we had my backpack full of changes of clothes, diapers and a last minute addition, thanks mom, small garbage bags. Even before the plane took off the Mr. had Picasso in the bathroom changing his diaper and pants. I also was stocked up with benadryl to make my kids mellow out. After the first 20 minutes or so they were all asleep, thank goodness. We had to change planes in Oakland Ca. ( anything for cheap tickets right) and that went smoothly. The worst was behind us and the 2nd flight went well. We met up with the rest of my family ( who managed to all get on the same flight with no layovers for the same price, there just wasn't room for my family of 5) and headed to baggage claim. I really wish I would of taken a picture of all of our luggage. We had to use 2 of those carts just for my family's luggage. It was crazy I was pushing the stroller with Lovebug in it, loaded down with all of our carry on stuff ( backpacks and blankets) and I was carrying Picasso. The Mr was pushing the cart with most of the luggage and Einstein was pushing the other cart. He did really good, and he loved it. So we set off to find the shuttle that took us to the car rental place. That was an adventure. But once we got the van the craziness was over, we headed over to the hotel that was one block down from Disney Land and tried to re group for our next few days there. The kids were miraclulously better the next morning( well still some diarrhea issues but that wasn't going to stop us. Disney land was everything I remembered and a whole lot more. I was so excited for my kids to see all of the characters of their favorite movies, and to just be part of the magic. Right off the bat we hit the peter pan ride and of course peter himself showed up, my boys were so excited. what a way to start off our adventure. We had 2 day park hopper tickets and let me just say not even close to enough time. We could of easily stayed 2 or 3 days at Disney land and then did a day at California adventure. but we managed to fit it all in. I will post pictures in my next blog, but let me just finish on this note, We will be going back some day and I cant wait!!!

3 comments:

Lucid Developer said...

Well I'm glad to hear everything went over after the first day. It's always hard to deal with sick kids especially on vacation. I'm glad to hear they are doing better. Maybe we need to plan a bowler trip down there sometime.

Anonymous said...

sorry that last post was from me, i didn't realize the hubby was signed in

Laura Jex said...

Lets wait a few years before we decide to do it again!