Monday, September 24, 2007

A Sad Goodbye

Well its official, we do Not own a house anymore. And its sad really. It might not have been the best house, the biggest, or even the nicest but it was ours and we have so many good memories there.We had 2 babies born while living there. 3 great Christmases, 3 fun Halloween parties, 3 loud 4th of July parties, and many sleepless nights. I think that house will always hold some of my best memories, of kids learning to walk and talk, and all of our crazy adventures. It also holds some pretty stressful memories like discovering I was pregnant with Alexa 3 months after Conner was born, or making the decision to come back to school and sell the house, and then of course everything that it took to get the house on the market, and moved out. But we said our sad goodbyes. The kids and I said goodbye to our bedrooms and down stairs, I said goodbye to our kitchen and bathroom. As we drove away for the last time I cried, it would of been different if we were moving up in the world and getting a bigger better house I might not have been so sad. But now that we are here, the house papers are signed, the money is in the bank, I can say my final goodbye to our great house Thanks for all the wonderful memories. We will never forget them!! Here are a few pictures of the big ol' truck that we got to move. It was really nice we load it, they drive it. So nice!!

3 comments:

Moonmagic said...

It is sad - but tuck the happy memories away in a safe place and prepare yourselves for many more exciting adventures. The parties were wonderful...lets pray for more just like them. We miss you,and yes the truck was wonderful!!!

Laura Jex said...

I think we might still go Trick or Treating in your hood is that ok?

Erin said...

I know how your feel, even though we were just renting. Of course we couldn't add many touches, but living in one place for 5 years, there are a lot of memories. Sometimes I just drive by our old place, I'm sure you'll do the same when you are in the area.