Thursday, December 06, 2007

3 children for sale

Today for lunch we had left over spaghetti. We were all sitting down and eating nicely. The phone rang it was my brother trying to come up with a date idea. I left the room to talk where it was quiet. We talked at the most 5 minutes. I came back to spaghetti decorated children and kitchen. The children where covered head to toe. Jakob literally had to scrub it off his feet. So I dragged the kids to the bathroom. I probably should of put them in the bath tub. But that would of been something they enjoyed, so one by one I scrubbed them down at the sink. Did I scrub a little to hard? Probably. Then off to bed they went. Iwent back to the kitchen to survey the damage, man it is every where. My table was covered.
my floor was covered
The back of our nice chair was covered.
And of course the walls.
I decided that I should probably get the mess cleaned up before Colin got home, which was in a few minutes, because the kids needed one parent to love them today. And it certainly wasn't going to be me. Maybe we will try again tomorrow, if they are not sold by then.

3 comments:

Erin said...

it's nice to hear that other mothers have those types of moments too.

Moonmagic said...

This is too funny...
I'll never forget when you were little... you were very quiet for a while so I went looking for you - you had Desitin all over your face, your clothes and the entire bathroom. You were trying to shave like dad. I have a picture somewhere. I'm glad you didn't find his razor you probably would have cut your face pretty bad shaving.
Hope tomorrow is better.

Laura Jex said...

ok, remember how in california we had a stain on the ceiling in the kitchen.. I wonder if that is how it got there...