Monday, January 14, 2008

Back in to the Swing of Things

Well we survived the journey. That's right we went home to Washington for Christmas. well actually for 3 weeks. we were really blessed because Colin's old job wanted him to come back and work while he was in town. They paid him his old salary which is more then 3 times the amount he is making here in little ol' rexberg. So our week vacation turned into quite the stay. Thanks to both our parents for putting up with us for so long. It was really fun to be with family again, On my side all my brothers and sisters were there and on Colin's side his sister and family and brother surprised their mom and dad. So it was fun to have everyone ( minus one brother on colins side) there to celebrate with. The kids had all their cousins around to play with and they loved that. Colin and I even got to get a way a few times ( thanks to both sets of parents for watching the munchkins) and go on some dates. Colin's old work even invited us to the Christmas party where we got to go on a argosy ship and be part of the Christmas boats that was alot of fun.

Christmas was alot of fun, we were more then spoiled by grandmas grandpas, family, and by each other. The boys basically had a transformer Christmas, and Alexa had a baby doll, princess Christmas. Colin got lots of clothes and computer stuff, but I think his favorite was the Guitar Hero. It was popular with evryone!!! I got to much stuff to list off ( once again we were seriously spoiled) but my most meaningful gift was that Colin got me an upgrade on my diamond. I was totally surprised I never even thought I needed an upgrade. But I love it. Thanks babe!!

The drive up to Washington was fine the drive home was quite the adventure, We left in a hurry trying to get out of the pass before a major storm hit. But in the end it was worth it. We have been back for over a week now, we are unpacked, Christmas put away, clothes washed, and Colin is back in school and working. I am back in full swing doing the mothering thing by myself again (which is something eles I was spoiled with, lots of help from grandmas and grandpas, aunts and uncles, and yes even the cousins cause well they entertained my kids)

Here are some fun pictures of our Christmas adventures!!












3 comments:

Laura Jex said...

we had fun having you here. I wish my kids werent sick so we could have spent more time together... isnt that the story my life........

Moonmagic said...

It was a wonderful time and now it is lonely around here. We love you and love those cute kids. Side note - the books you gave me for christmas are wonderful. After things calmed down I was able to focus and really enjoy them. Thank you so much, very uplifting and great to read.

Erin said...

It was a good Christmas even with all the things that happened.