Wednesday, March 26, 2008

# 3, The purse cake!!

I was trying to decide what cake to do for Alexa for her birthday, then I remembered a birthday party Jakob went to where she had a purse cake. So I decide to try one. I think it turned out good. It could of been better if I had used fondant all over instead of butter cream, but I wanted people to actually want to eat the cake as well as thinking it looked nice so most of the cake is butter cream with some fondant add ons. Here is how it turned out.Everything on the cake is edible, even the nail polish and the lipstick( fondant painted with food coloring) except for the wire that is holding the fondant beads for the handle. Colin has been such a big help with all the cakes, he has been the cake shaper guy, on this one he was the wire guy. And last but certainly not least, he has been the taste tester to tell me if the frosting needs anything else, or if the cake is good!! Thanks babe. I love you! Here are a few pictures of Alexa enjoying her birthday. Enjoy
opening presents



blowing out candles!!

2 comments:

Laura Jex said...

whats my talent again? Im like the only one in the family with NO talent!
You did a really good job. Maybe you need to give me a few lessons... well lets me honest it would take way more then a few.

Moonmagic said...

That is so cute - good job at least you are talented and brave - I just stuck things on a cake and every one thought I was talented but I am just good a sticking things on. Way to go and you have survived March!! At least you have a year to recouperate.
Also, you are looking good...