Wednesday, March 19, 2008

cake 2 of 3

Let just say this cake didn't turn out as good as I planned. I had good intentions really. I found a lower calorie, less fat recipe of carrot cake, which is what Jakob has been asking for. It even came with a recipe for frosting that was more healthy. So I made the cake, and the frosting. Jakob wanted to have carrot cake in the shape of a carrot. Colin and I decided that we would just cut out maybe the top half of the carrot cause we didn't want to have to cut off so much cake to bring it to a small point. And then I decided that I wanted to try to cover the cake with fondant. Which all the fancy cake decoraters do. So we did that and I thought it turned out ok. But when it came time to cut the cake and eat, it wasn't so yummy. The fondant was weird. The layer of frosting I had put on under the fondant was had some honey in it and the honey had separated from everything else and was running down the sides of the cake. so lets just say not everyone finished their piece of cake. After all was said and done and I was cleaning up the mess I was just going to throw the cake away. Colin suggested we take the fondant off and put some of the left over butter cream frosting on it that I had used to decorate with. So that is where the cake is now, fondant off green butter cream icing on!! So I guess I wont be using fondant on alexa's cake. Oh well lesson learned.

2 comments:

Moonmagic said...

It might not have tasted good but it sure looks good and I bet Jakob was happy. Good job, I wish I could do that - keep it up and you can do wedding cakes for a huge profit.

Laura Jex said...

looks great! I really need a talent!