Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thankful

We, our family, have a lot to be thankful for lately. The Lord has once again taken care of us. Colin got a new job. His last job was ok, it did the job while it needed to. But this job is so much better. He now works for the city, which is of course is a government job so we get all the benefits. That is right we have full health and dental benefits ( what a relief, no more byu insurance, that was a joke). Plus he doubled his pay check which is such a bonus!! I am just so thankful for a husband who is willing to do what ever it takes to take care of his family. My husband is so smart and so good at what he does, that I never doubt if we will have a job or money. He also just makes going to school look like a breeze. I hope all of my kids get his smarts. I am just so thankful that we will be able to do this school thing without having to rely on government assistance, I have heard way to many nightmares. I am thankful for all the perks we have all ready seen with this job ( cell phone,you know in case the mayor needs help with his computer or the fire department or the police department. And early sign up for swimming lessons and then finding out we only have to pay 10 instead of 50). I once heard a quote "the harder you work, the luckier you get". Well Colin has always been such a hard worker, so he deserves all the perks they can give him. I am just so thankful to Heavenly Father for always taking care of us. Things just always seem to fall into place for us. And of course I am so grateful for my Husband, who takes care of us no matter what. And that he is so good at what he does that he was the 1 picked out of 40 applicants. You Rock Babe. I've known that since the moment I met you, but it seems that on a daily basis the rest of he world finds out how good you are too!! And one more thing that I am thankful for, for the first time since we have moved here, Rexburg doesn't seem so horrible. I think we could actually enjoy living here!!

P.S. Sorry if you thought I was bragging, but what is a proud wife/ mother to do? Brag, its my right!

5 comments:

Moonmagic said...

We are so proud of you, we never worry about you guys because we know that you are both wonderful, hard working, dedicated and goal oriented. Way to go Colin once again you are amazing - there was a need and you found a solution. You are an excellent Husband and Father - taking care of your little family while working and going to school, we know it is hard but you are doing it. Thank you for all of that, and to you Cori, we are proud of you for supporting him and doing all that you can for him to follow his dreams. It is amazing to see that if you want something bad enough, and "Work Hard" to get it, you will be surprised what happens.
Way to go "Rexburg Bowlers"!

Laura Jex said...

Brag away sister! I am so glad about the job! If only the swim lesson discount could be passed on to sister!!! I just paid 40 buck!I guess when you think about swimming being a life saving talent its worth it right???

Ryan & Amanda said...

We are so happy for you guys!!! That will be such a great opportunity for you guys! You made such a huge sacrifice to leave your house and security, you definitely deserve every good thing!

Colin said...

Working for the city is great so far. It makes me feel like my hard work is actually going to good use and I have a part in the community. Currently I am working on updating the website and just getting familiar to the 140 computers and servers. After getting an IT job here in Rexburg, and if they continue to pay well enough to provide for our family I really think it would be fun to stay here for a while. The winters are harsh, but the spring and summers are gonna always be nice. Mix that with the small town atmosphere and only having to commute 3 minutes on bike to work is great! We will see how things work out.

Melissa D said...

It is awesome how when you follow the spirit and do what is right things just somehow work out! i am learning that everyday in my life right now! Good job Collin and good luck!