Monday, April 20, 2009

Our Last Minute Adventure

Colin works for the city of Rexburg. Last Wednesday he had to work super late covering a meeting the big wigs had where they discuss all the things going on in the city and all the new things that are coming. Any ways because of this he was able put those hours towards another day and come home early. So we decide to use those hours on Friday and have a way last minute adventure to Salt Lake City. We got a hotel and decide that we wanted to take the kiddos to go see temple square!!! I quickly threw stuff in a bag and gathered up all we would need. We did not tell the kids what we were doing. They figured we were going somewhere when I asked them to bring me their toothbrushes!! As soon as Colin got the stuff int he car we were off. The kids only figured out we were going to Utah when they saw the " Welcome to Utah" sign. I had texted my 2 sister in laws and told them of our crazy adventure and hoped we could meet up with them. Ryan and Amanda were able to meet up with us that night at Chucky Cheese. The kids( both big and little ;) ) had a blast!!

The big kids having fun


Amanda and I, you can certainly tell whose daughter is whose!!


Alexa and Alli had fun playing together!!





this is one of my favorite pictures. It was so funny to watch Alli climb on stuff and try to help her parents play!!



On Saturday we were able to meet up with Erin Jeremy and kids on temple square. That was a lot of fun as well. The kids had a lot of fun playing with there cousins. I loved seeing all the things. I loved our little sweet tour guide for the conference center. I learned a lot of things. And it made me realize how much thought and effort our dear sweet prophets put in to each thing they do.



The Maughan and Bowler Kids

Colin decided to take individual pictures of the kids and I thought they turned out pretty cute!!


We were able to go to the roof of the church office buildings and see the veiw!!



So cute!


Stopping to smell the flowers


The kids all snuggled in fro the night in our hotel!!

I am so glad that we did this. We had tons of fun and it was just good to get out of Rexburg. It was weird for both of us to deal with traffic again, and weird people. How easy you forget what the " real world" is like. I don't know if that is a good or bad thing?!



11 comments:

Erin said...

It was so fun to see you guys! Next time save your self some money and stay with us, we'd love to have you no matter the length of notice. thanks for coming down

Moonmagic said...

The perks of having a husband who pretty much runs the city of Rexburg. I'm glad you got away and was able to spend time with Colin's family. How much fun! The pictures were priceless I wish we could have been there. We are proud of you and your willingness to sacrifice so you can have a better life - a good education is the only way to go now-a-days, good luck to you both this semester. Way to support each other!!

Moonmagic said...

Clarification: in case anybody has a cow - with a city that is pretty much maintained by computers - Fire Dept, Police Dept, Mayors Office and such - Colin is the one who helps keep those up and running and in case there is any doubt - he is very valuable....

Ryan & Amanda said...

It was so fun to see you guys! I love that we both match our daughters! I totally didn't notice that at all! It was a blast hanging out with you guys and I love the picture of the view of the temple, I haven't ever been up to the top like you guys did, what a cool view!

Laura Jex said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun!!!!

Colin said...

Sherlyn, thanks for the support and encouragement! I do what I can to keep the city up and running. ;-)

Blake said...

i was about to say if a city is run by my brother, that city must be going crazy, like a bunch of little kids with no parents around... haha how did you guys get to go up top of the church building?

Mr. Bowler (Ryan) said...

Dont worry colin if you were the mayor of a city I would move there in a heartbeat. Too bad there are no pictures of the "sweet" prizes we got with all our tickets. Kinda funny how about 800 tickets gets you about $4 worth of toys. I have to say it was fun playing the games though!

Moonmagic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Special K's(0: said...

Hurray, how cute! It looks like you guys had fun!(0: You have such an adorable family(0: And mmm yummy, I'll def. have to check out your recipe blog! Thanks for sharing!

Christyn and Paul said...

We loved seeing all of the picture of the kids and the adults. That is so neat that you were able to get away and enjoy the time together. You don't get to do that very often with Colin working and school.