Thursday, January 28, 2010

I must be crazy

This is, I believe the first blog post I have written. The following story is straight from my mouth, and I am quite proud of what I did today! Enjoy...
-Colin


While I was over at the Police Department yesterday helping fix some computer problems they were having, a few of the officers told me that they were having TASER training in the morning. I thought nothing of it, but a few of the guys suggested that I come and participate.

Later on in the evening I got a call from one of the patrol supervisors about a computer issue, and he too suggested that I join them. The thing they didn't tell me was there was going to only be 3 of us getting tasered. The rest were there just to watch and have a fun time.

All day long I kept getting calls from the PD about the same thing. I told them that I couldn't dedicate my day to the training, but I will show up at 3 to participate in the games. I don't think they took me seriously, but when I showed up at 2:50 they all had a laugh and asked if I was going to do it.

With something to prove, and to become part of the brotherhood, I told them that I was ready! With the 2 other officers already taken care of, it was now my turn. I don't know why anybody would subject themselves to 50,000 volts with 2 amps (it must be a manly thing), but I was focused and ready. The video below tells the rest of the story.


Entry wound

These are the prongs they shoot

Thanks Babe!! I think you are right when you said that its just manly, because I cant think of any reason why any one would volunteer for that. You crazy macho men.

So I couldn't let a post go up with out a few pictures of our cute little man. I cant believe he is 3 weeks already. We are loving him so much, but I think he might have his days and night mixed up. I keep praying that it will start working it self out. Until then if Colin or I look like we are asleep on our feet, well we certainly wish we were!!

Conner playing with Tyler


The Bowler Boys!


Bath Time!! ( I love this picture of him!! He is changing so much)


Alexa having her snuggle time

Now its Jakob's turn

9 comments:

Laura Jex said...

Colin- you are crazy! That looked like it really hurt! there is no amount of money that could make me do that! could you walk after???

Cori- He is so cute. I am sorry that I havent called. every time I open my mouth i feel like im going to yak. life is not fun right now... we will talk soon.

Moonmagic said...

Ok Colin all I can say is you're CRAZY why would you willingly do that? You weird-o! on the other hand Tyler is looking cute, his looks are changing. Miss you guys!

Ryan & Amanda said...

So we couldn't get the video to work right now, but don't worry we'll keep trying :) Tyler is getting so "big" he definitely does look different than when he was first born! The kids are so cute with him, we're excited to see you guys!!!

Colin said...

After the 5 long seconds of being tasered, the pain went right away. It was like nothing even happened. In fact I felt like my muscles were not as tight and I had just got done working out.

The pain is something that can't be described, and can only be experienced. It's not a sharp pain, but it was internal pain like I was being shaken from the inside.

Ryan & Amanda said...

Now that we've watched the video we're wondering why Colin's speaking Japanese?? Is that his default language when he's in pain?? That's pretty crazy, not gonna lie it's kind of cool. I would be scared as can be to do it, but I'd kind of like to just to see what it's like and be able to say I've done it. Ryan said after watching the video he wants to do it. Guess we're just a bunch of crazies here!

Anonymous said...

You are insane! I can't believe you did that. Sounds like everyone watching got a good laugh out of it. My wife couldn't stand to watch the video. Thanks for sharing your crazy video of your crazy stunt. I'll never be ever to look at you the same way again.

Deidra Smith said...

What a cute little family! You sure have good lookin' kids!

I can't believe Colin did that, OUCH!

Christyn and Paul said...

Boy Colin I can't believe that you did it. Now I know why they held you up you would have been on the floor in no time. It made me hurt to just watch it. Tyler is so cute and he is differently growing. Colin when he was a baby had his day and nights mixed up and it wasn't much fun, being sleep deprived. Good luck. I wish that their was something I could tell you to do that would help. Just try to keep him awake as best you can during the day.

Erin said...

cute pictures! the boys must be wishing for summer! we look forward to seeing you in a couple week