Tuesday, March 30, 2010

To my Alexa Lou-


Miss Alexa,
I am so glad to have another girl in the house.  You are my partner in crime!!  And the 2 of us just have to stick together!!  I was so happy the day we found out that we were having a girl.  I was even more excited when I got to hold you.  You were so teeny tiny, and such a sweet heart.  I should of know that you would be drama all the way.  Who was I trying to kid you have the "Moon Girl" gene!

Now you are 4 and such a beautiful princess.  I love that you love to put on your makeup like Mommy.  And get dressed up!  I love that you get just as excited about new hair bows as I do.  It has been so fun to watch you go into primary and love it.  I love to hear you singing the primary songs all through out the week.  And I love to hear all that you learned  in your class.  I hope you stay this excited about church for a long long time!!


And I have loved watching your motherly instinct come out with your new brother.  I was so nervous before he was born that you would just be rough and tough with him.  But you are not.  I love to hear you talk to him the way I do.  It reminds me every day that you are watching my every move and listening to what I say.  You are just so sweet with Tyler. He is so lucky to have a big sister like you.  I also really enjoy having you help me cook and do chores.  You are so good at helping me unload and load dishes and laundry.  Believe me some day you will get tired of that but for now its fun to watch you be excited!!  I also love that you would rather watch cooking shows then cartoons, and then you try and apply it while we cook together.  You are just so smart.  Maybe someday you can cook us gourmet meals, because I know you will be better at then me !!



I also love you personality, and that you have discovered that posing for pictures or making faces is just so much fun.  I love, love, love that you love musicals and I love hearing you sing all the songs.  I finally have some one who will go with me to those musicals and movies.  I am so excited!!



And I love that you let me use you as a model for my creations.  You are so good at it, even if you pick your nose while doing it ( see pic. below :-)  ).  I Love that you want to carry purses around and that you want to make list of stuff we need from the store like mommy.   But I also love that you an get down and dirty with the boys and you are not afraid of some dirt, or a ball, or anything your brothers do.  I know I can always count on you to keep them doing the right thing even if I'm not around!!


I am know you are so excited for preschool next year.  And honestly I just cant beleive that you are old enough to go and that you are big enough to ride a bike.  I wish i could keep you my little princess side kick forever.  But I  know there is so much more in store for you  this next year, I just cant wait to see what it is!!  I love you so much Alexa!  Happy Birthday big girl!!





Here are some pictures from her birthday!!
Birthday breakfast



And here she is with some of her presents,  she started out wanting a princess Tiana( sp?) birhtday.  So we bought all the decorations and stuff  for a party.  But then great grandpa Moon bought her a strawberry shortcake play set. And she fell in love and then changed her mind as to what she wanted.  so she had princess decorations and plates then spur of the moment strawberry shortcake cake. 




Her new big girl bike which I don't think we will need to keep the training wheels on for long!


And like I said her spur of the moment cake that my frosting was too runny and I did one handed because Tyler just wanted to be held that day.  so this is what she got, a printed colored strawberry shortcake  cut out and taped to a straw and stuck in a cake that the dots are not very good due to runny frosting and one handed momma. But she loved it and that's all that matters right!!

5 comments:

Ryan & Amanda said...

The cake is cute! I love her new swimming suit, so cute! She is such a sweet little girl, it makes me excited for Alli getting bigger because I see a lot of the same personality traits in her. So much fun to have a little 'mini' to play with!

Erin said...

happy birthday Alexa! Cori I guess you have a little bit of a break in birthdays for a while. I'm glad she had such a good day!

Colin said...

It's been fun to see you grow and get excited for things that you are able to do now. You are definitely daddy's little girl! Stay sweet and girly, but don't let your brothers push you around. Happy Birthday!

Michelle said...

She's so adorable! Happy birthday, Alexa! :-)

Christyn and Paul said...

Alexa Lou I love all of those pictures. You are so cute and it will be fun to see you ride your bike when we get up there. Love you lots.