Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Honda Curse

So the Honda curse continues. Let me tell you about our /my history with Honda's and then you can decide if you think its really a curse. Let me take you back to about 10 years ago. It had only been a few months after graduating from high school that I bought my first car. It was a Honda and very old Honda. I'm not sure of the year but it was like 15+ years old. It ran great and it was in great condition. Honestly I really loved it. I'm not sure if it was because I purchased it on my own or what, but I really liked Beauty (my sister gave it this name) . After having the car for awhile it was stolen. My dad woke up for work and it wasn't there. Honestly I was shocked, it was so old who would want that. The police found it a few hours later just a mile or so away. We think it was just some punks out for a joy ride. But in order to start the car they had to rip apart the steering column, and then they stole everything that was in the car. Radio Cd's school stuff, everything.
A few months later Beauty was broken into again and my newly purchased replacement CD player and Cd's were stolen again. At least this time they didn't take the car. I purchased a Saturn soon after and that car was never touched. When I met the MR. he was driving a Honda. After we were married and pregnant we traded in my Saturn for another Honda. So now we had 2 Honda's in the family. Everything was going really good till we went to the Space Needle for dinner. We parked in paid parking in downtown Seattle. When we were done with dinner and came back to the car it was broken into, the stereo was gone, Cd's gone, stuff riffled through. again. When we started planning on kid number 2 we traded in one Honda for a minivan. So we haven't had any problems in years. Until yesterday. The Mr. still has his Honda and it has been a great car. He works in down town Seattle and he rides the train to and from work. But he drives his car to the train station and parks in a parking garage. Yesterday when he was coming back form work he had gotten off the train and was walking to his car when he noticed lots of glass and basically his driver side window laying on the ground. The curse had returned. Some one smashed out his window (cutting oneself in the process, there is blood all over the dash board and side panels and in the trunk) they tried to take his radio but they couldn't get it. Not sure why. But they did manage to get his radar detector, his nice speakers in the back and the sub woofer. His glove box was open and stuff gone through. Luckily the car was still there, and the blood is all on stuff that can be cleaned. A new window is being put in tomorrow. So the bad luck is on going. I think the Honda curse will continue to "haunt" our family till we get rid of our hondas. Unfortunatlly for us we really like the cars and will probably always have one around.

4 comments:

Erin said...

it's his baby, how could he get rid of it. I'll definitely keep that in mind for future car buys.

Colin said...

It's deffinately a car I would like to keep around for a while longer, can't remember the last time I washed or vacuumed it though. I think the color of my car has changed from burgandy to dirt. Anyways, the only thing I'm really mad about is that they smashed my window out. Now if they would have stollen my car that would be a totally different story.

Anonymous said...

Being the owner of many Honda's through the years and haveing them all broken into, I must agree that there is a Honda curse!!

Blake said...

that is why i am looking at getting a cadillac. oh ya or the WRX. haha maybe they get broken into a lot as well i don't know.