Tuesday, October 30, 2007

And so I cried

Sunday was a big day for Jakob. It was his first primary program. He was wearing his suit which he had set out for about 2 weeks for the big day. He had his part down. So when it was time for him to go up we were all so excited. When he got up there and sat in his chair behind the sacrament table with his scriptures in one had and his family picture in the other, he waved down to us and I cried. I cried because he looked like a missionary, he was so full of confidence, and he is just not my little baby anymore. I was so proud of him when he said his part, once again full of confidence, all by himself ( the only sunbeam that didn't need help). But I cried some more, he is just getting so big. I feel like Jakob has done alot of maturing lately. He is writing words, well copying words, but he can do it. He wrote his first letter to Santa this year. I wrote what he wanted to say then he copied it. He was so proud of himself. It just catches me off guard sometimes when he says something to me like what time it is. I have been doing preschool stuff with him since we moved here to late to get him into preschool. I am amazed each day with how easy it is for him and i love to see how his little mind works . He is my big boy now and he will be off to kindergarten next year. I cant believe it. And I'm sure i will cry that day as well.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I know how that is. Anytime Stirling has done something in church even if it is just sing in sacrament meeting, I cry a little bit, but try to hide it. I never really knew why, but now that you bring it up it's probably because he's getting too big too fast.

Moonmagic said...

The tears never stop. I remember Brian making fun of me when I cried while he was blessing the sacrament for the first time. Cherish these special moments they grow so fast. I wish we could have been there.