Thursday, October 25, 2007

DAD STOP THE CAR...

So I know that by the title of this blog some of you know what I am going to type about but at least you will get a good laugh at me. You guessed it I had another run in with a bee and it was not a pretty sight. NO I didn't get stung. For those of you that don't know, I for some reason ( well it could be because when I was little we went camping at sequoia national forest and there were thousands of bees that year it was horrible and I had one fly up my shorts and sting me so I'm sure that is where my fear comes from) have a horrible fear of bees. And I seriously over react when they get close to me or on me. When we were camping (a different time and place) as a family we had been at the lake and had got in the car, as my dad started to drive us back to our campsite I noticed a bee on the inside of my window, I panicked and yelled to my dad in my horrified voiced "Dad stop the car" and because I must of sounded scared to death my dad pulled right over and I flew out of the car before I told anybody what was going on. When I told my family it was because there was bee on my window, they laughed and then my dad got kinda mad( I think I really scared him and he thought something horrible had happened) that i made him pull over for a bee. Since then I have not lived that down and I always get "dad stop the car" . Now back to today, we are sitting at the table eating dinner, and out of the corner of my eye I see something come flying at me and hit my sweatshirt. I was about to yell at the kids to stop throwing food when I looked down to see a Bee climbing into the inside of my sweatshirt arm. And once again I let out a terrified squawk and was flailing allover the place. I was out of my chair and had the sweatshirt off in record time. When i finally settled down I looked at Colin and he had this look on his face that said "well its finally happened, shes lost her mind". When I told him there was a bee climbing into my sweatshirt, I could tell he didn't believe me. He thought I was over reacting to a piece of fuzz or something. But like the good husband that he is, he took my sweatshirt out side to do search. Of course he came back in finding nothing, and i had been looking in the house to see if I could find it. Then I had Colin do a search of me " is it in my hair, climbing up my back, inside my shirt" still no sign of it. So I kinda started doubting myself thinking maybe it had been a piece of broccoli that had been thrown. But I hear a familiar squawk come from the living room and there it was a WASP. It was promptly smooshed. Then I started the whole "how did it get in here, we don't have any windows open or doors. So once again my great husband chimes in to tell me that it probably landed on my when I was outside with the kids (3 hours earlier) and it has just been hanging out on my sweatshirt the whole time. You know how if you get a bug on you then every time you get an itch or a tickle you think its another bug and then your mind starts tricking to believe that there is a bug in your hair, your arm, your shirt, well that is where I am at now. Squeamish. I really hate bugs, I wish they all would just stay out of my house.

2 comments:

Laura Jex said...

Ok, that is so strange!! Two days ago me and Cameron were in the bath room and this GIANT bee landed right on Cameron! She started screaming of course, i grabed her and we ran out of the bathroom and closed the doot really fast. We then sent Ben in to kill it and guess what, 30 miutes later he could not find the bee. I swear there was one. Me and Cameron saw it!!!!!!!!

Moonmagic said...

We really need to get a video of your Bee Dance - it is pretty much the same every time. Maybe you could teach everyone the steps and you could be the newest fad...maybe they would include the Bee Dance in High School Musical 3.
You need to add Now to your title - Dad stop the car NOW! We love you anyway - Bee dance and all!