Thursday, October 18, 2007

Boys to Men

Its weird, it happened over night really my brother Brian went from being a college boy to an Army man. That is right he joined the National Guard. He will be leaving for boot camp the beginning of February. Then after that he will be going to fireman training. I am so happy for him cause I know its something that he has always wanted to do, but I am also scared to death. I know that he will get to go and do tons of stuff that the rest of us will never get to do. Like when we went and watched him and the rest of the byu-i rotc squad get trained and then take off in a black hawk helicopter. My kids thought it was so cool.
This is something that I never thought I would be apart of, have a family member in the army. Right now we don't even have TV so I have no idea what is really going on in the world. But I now know why people are so passionate about getting the troops out of Iraq. It's personal now. There are so many good things that can come from him joining, like the training he will get as a fireman, and self discipline, and stuff like that. And I am excited for my brother to live his dream. All I can say now is "Bush bring those troops home now, and keep them safe for the next 6-10 years". Please, so my brother can stay close to home and finish his school and just do the "guard" 1 weekend a month and be safe. Please just keep him safe

1 comments:

Moonmagic said...

http://moonmagic2.blogspot.com/
If you go to my blog you can see pictures of where he is going. We sure love this boy - but scared to death we are!!!