Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Stress Levels

As many of you know we have had a pretty crazy 6 months or even year. And with the craziness comes stress, at least for me and it so it takes a toll on my kids and husband. Trying to sell the house and packing and moving sure can stress you out. And to that all the house renovations we did created alot of stress. On top of that there always seemed to be something else going on, a major vacation where your kids vomit the whole plane ride, or funerals where you have to pack and be out the door in day. But I have come to realize that if we can survive those 6 months of craziness we can do anything. Now that we are here, and unpacked and settled, For the first time in who knows how long our stress levels are down. I have noticed it in our kids, they are not so uptight. I for the first time can take the time to really clean things and keep them clean, so I don't have to do a mass clean every few days. Its nice oh so nice. And the biggest thing for me is for the first time since Alexa has been born I DON'T feel overwhelmed by having 3 kids. I am actually enjoying it. Maybe its that the stress levels are down or maybe its because they are all in a "good" stage right now but either way I'll take it. When I told Colin the other night that I actually feel like having 3 kids isn't so bad and that I am enjoying it he said " uh oh" so of course I quickly told him that I am not baby hungry, I am just enjoying my kids and the low stress right now. Which he was so relived, and thankful that I wasn't getting any crazy thoughts. The other thing that I feel is a blessing is because we have been living with so much craziness and stress I feel like it has prepared me and Colin for the stresses of school and work. I know Colin has alot on his plate, and that he has more stress right now then I do with homework and all, but I feel like it's manageable (Colin might disagree on some days) compared to how overwhelmed we were feeling with trying to get everything done to sell our house and move. So I guess I just need to say Thank you to my Heavenly Father for all the blessings that he has poured upon us, and for the calmness in our lives right now. I am thankful to have a husband who listened to that little voice that told him it was time to go back to school, and for his bravery and faith to go forward with it. And I am oh so thankful for my 3 children, they are a handful but I'm loving just being able to be with them (stress free) and enjoy this new adventure that our family is on.

3 comments:

Mrs. Andrews said...

It's crazy and very stressful going to school and having 3 kids at home. My husband and I are both back in school and it's a bunch of craziness!!! Our oldest is in the first grade and its hard to balance all of the different schedules. I'm glad you are feeling stress-free!

Moonmagic said...

I just want you to know how proud we are of your little family. The whole experience was just one Tender Mercy after another. We miss you desperatly but know this is an amazing experience that will benefit you for the rest of your life. Keep your chin up and keep looking forward not back. What you are doing is exactly what you are suppose to be doing. We love you and pray for you and are excited about your big adventure.

Erin said...

It's amazing when we take the time to slow down we can find the Lord's hand in things stress us out in our life.