Monday, March 10, 2008

One down, 2 to go

Well this last weekend was Conner's birthday. He requested a Transformer bumblebee cake. My sweet husband for valentines day bought me a Wilton cake decorating kit. I have been wanting to learn how to decorate cakes. So he got me the stuff that would get me started. I have often thought that if I could rewind my life instead of going to school for early childhood education, I would go to cooking school and also to train to be a pastry chef. So with all the said, I figured there is no way better to learn then just to do it and learn from my mistakes. So the bumblebee cake is what I did. And here is how it turned out.


It was alot easier then I thought. Making the royal icing was a piece of cake. And doing the fill in part was easy. As you can tell I need more practice with the writing, but hey it was my first attempt. Conner loved it, He was so excited.



Now I am on to figuring out what to do for Jakob's and Alexa cake. Jakob has requested a carrot cake in the shape of a carrot so i guess we will see how that turns out.

3 comments:

Moonmagic said...

Hey great job - very talented and probably Conner was way excited.
You could earn money - learn how to make wedding cakes!!!

Erin said...

turned out great. i have no idea what to do for the birthday coming up at our house.

Sunshine said...

I love the cake, it turned out really cute! I have a basic decorating set (just the tips) that I use on cookies so maybe you can help me when I try my first decorated cake :)