Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Our very own Bed and Breakfast

That is what it pretty much has been like for the last 2 weeks since the semester ended. My poor brother is homeless until he gets married ( only 23 more days), so he has been staying here. Last week Natalie, his soon to be wife was staying here so she could work an extra week. And then Natalie's cousin Ben joined us. He was going to sleep in his truck. But basically he was here all the rest of the day so I told him might as well sleep here too. So we have been having fun with our guests. Maybe I should explain why they are all homeless. You see BYU-I has a 7 week break in between Summer semester and Fall. Which is very nice, but student housing doesn't really work with you to much. Basically once the semester is over they kick you out if you didn't sign a contract for fall. Which is fine but then if you change apartment complexes or get married and need married student housing you can't move in till you are married or until the new semester starts. So there are alot of people who are homeless for seven weeks. Natalie only had to work for a week before she could go home to Boise. And Ben can go home this weekend. But poor Jordan is stuck here, sleeping on an air mattress until He can move into their apartment right before they are married. I was overwhelmed at the thought of having 3 extra adults in our tiny apartment, but it has been fun. I have loved having Jordan and Natalie be here and just see their relationship. I am so excited to have her for a sister in law. I think right now my kids prefer her to me. On the 14th my brother Brian comes home from boot camp/ firefighting training and he will be staying here. I honestly am so excited to have my 2 brothers staying here. I get so many more details out of them!!!!! So for the next month or so I get to be the hostess. And I love it. Honestly how many people get to live so close to their siblings? And to just think April will be here in just a few short months. Then the Rexburg Moons will out number the Renton Moons. I guess Mom and Laura you can take Jo and Bri's spots on the air mattresses once they are out! Wouldn't that be fun!!

1 comments:

Laura Jex said...

I am so sad that you get to see brian and jordan! Pretty soon you will have all the family and I'll be all alone. No brothers and sisters to hang out with :(