Wednesday, August 20, 2008

His Big Day!!

When I was at my sister April's graduation, my Mom and Dad were celebrating because It was an end of an Era, all of their kids where out of high school. So Today Colin and I started our own Era. Jakob started kindergarten today. He has been so excited and so ready for this. Yesterday his school had an open house so we got to go meet his teacher, and see his classroom. After that Colin and I took him out to lunch. It was really fun to just spend some one on one time with him and get to talk with him about starting school with out Conner and Alexa interrupting. Today Jakob was up and had his bed made before I was up. He was just sitting on his bed waiting for me to come "wake him up". We had laid his clothes out the night before and got his backpack all ready to go. So it took us no time to get him ready for the bus. He was so excited that he had to go out and wait for the bus like 10 minutes before it was due. But when it came there were no hesitations, no looking back, just confidence. We decided to meet the bus at the school to make sure that he got off and could find his class. He did great. Once again he was not nervous and he just marched right in with out really giving me a 2nd thought. I did manage to get a picture of him right out side his class room door. Then I gave him a quick hug and he was gone. Nothing but confidence once again. And as I walked back to the car I cried. Not because he was sad, not because I was nervous for him to be on his own. But because He dosen't need me any more. He didn't need the hug, I did. He didn't need to take all the pictures, I did. He didn't need the extra push to be separated, I did. And for all of that I Love him even more. I am so very proud of him. He is sooo ready for this next step, And I am excited to see all of the learning and growing he will do this next year. As long as he will still snuggle me every once and a while I think I will survive!!

Looking Good in his new clothes, notice the shoes, he loves them!

Waiting for the bus!!
Right on time!!

Off the bus and walking to his classroom


Outside his classroom


Home now and doing homework!

4 comments:

Erin said...

I can only imagine how you feel. I guess I get to find out next week. Although they said that we should expect to be there for 20 minutes, I don't know what they have planned or if it's just for kids who are nervous and have separation anxiety, but I know my guy won't have any of that. Our kids are getting so big!

Ryan & Amanda said...

I can't believe it, he is so grown up. I can only imagine his little voice and his excitement. I am excited for him, and for you. He will do so well in school and I am sure he will be so happy to share all that he is learning. I am kind of sad that I am not going back to school in any way this fall. Life is very different!

Moonmagic said...

I wish I could have been there, he is so handsome - you comment about his shoes I couldn't tell what they were? Give him a great big hug from Mana Moon.

Laura Jex said...

My mouth just hit the floor! Kindergarden??? Really???? Oh my gosh I remember the day he was born, and that cute picture of him in his bright red sweater, he was so sweet and cute! ohmygosh... where does the time go???