Wednesday, February 25, 2009

There is just a little bit of Laura in there!!

So I swear my kids have none of my genes in them. If you know Jakob then you know he is a miniature Colin. Conner is looking more and more like Jordan and my Dad. Alexa now she might have more of me then anyone, but some of it I don't want to take claim for. But lately I have been noticing more and more of my sister Laura showing up in her. Maybe its because I miss Laura so much that I looking for it, but I don't think I'm going crazy. Growing up Laura was constantly getting after me (and everyone else) to not touch her. Its not like we intentionally bugged her but if I was sitting next to her in church and my long hair some how touched her she would get mad. Or if you sat too close to her, or looked at her ( ok maybe not that bad). But guess who has been doing this at my house latley. Yep Miss Alexa throws a huge fit if her brothers, or Dad sit any where near her, or if they touch her or her blankets ( which she now calls her Medecine blankets and her heart blanket, go figure). Recentley Alexa has taken to wearing her bathing suit under neath all her clothes and once again this is soooooo Laura. You see when Laura was younger her and her best friend Melissa had this theory that if they wanted it to snow they would wear their snow suits to bed, to school, anywhere they could get away with it. And you know what it some times worked. And then of coure they also did vise versa, if they wanted to see the sun they would wear their bathing suits under their clothes for days!!! I have really been having flashbacks when I see Alexa being so Laura. Now maybe if Cameron starts making brady doing excersises on christmas mornings, or saying "go back in my histroy" Laura will know that Cameron has a little bit of me mixed in there.!!!
Laura holding Alexa And baby brady ( about 2 years ago)
Alexa in her bathing suit phase!!!

5 comments:

Melissa D said...

I just about fell off my chair when I read about our swim suit days! I had almost forgotten about that!! Good times! I bet you wish you were as cool as me and Laura were so you can say that you did that too!

Just think, at least Alexa is only a toddler and not 17! If she is still doing it at 17 then you can worry! I am sure our mom's did!!

Erin said...

Gotta love what kids will do. Stir Fry asked me to run through the sprinkler yesterday because it was sunny and "warm". love the swim suit, super cute!

Laura Jex said...

Oh my... I always knew that Alexa was a bright girl! Its sounds to me like she is well on her way to being an AMAZING women! :)

Sometimes girls like us just need a little bit of SPACE thats all :)

And lets be Honest, If looked as good in my swim suite as I did at 17 I would wear it everyday!

You know, now that I think about it I do remember Cameron coming in to my room on Christmas and FORCING me to do jumping jacks until SANTA showed up!

Moonmagic said...

Ok so when she starts hanging plastic fruit from her ceiing, loves the smell of cows, and paints the back of her door in a meadow scene - oh yea and a Leopard Skin Credit Card then you can change her name to Laura.

Laura Jex said...

Man, I really miss that credit card! I wonder if BECU offers one?

Here is the deal, I swap you ALEXA for BRADY for a few weeks, I will send her back in PRIME condition if you take Brady and teach him to STOP throwing??

and really FAKE FRUIT was totally "in"